- 2 potatoes, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 onion
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- small handful of parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- Grate potatoes, carrot, zucchini. Dice onion and parsley.
- Mix all ingredients (except olive oil) together in a bowl.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil, place heaped tablespoons of the mixture into the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes (flip once) or until golden brown.
- These can be served alongside a salad as a meal, as entertaining finger food, in lunch boxes and with a sauce/salsa/dip of your choice!
- You can substitute potato for sweet potato.
- Any vegetables can be used! Just be cautious of high water content, particularly from zucchinis. If you think it’s too watery, just squeeze out the grated zucchini to remove some water.
- Any herbs, spices and flavours can be used. Instead you could try basil and lemon zest or garlic and parmesan.
- To make a quick aioli for dipping just mix together ½ cup mayonnaise, ¼ tsp minced ginger, ¼ tsp minced garlic and ¼ tsp chili flakes.
- To make a yoghurt-chive dipping sauce mix together 1/2cup plain low-fat yoghurt, 1tbsp chopped fresh chives, 1tsp minced garlic, salt & pepper.
- To make guacamole for dipping, mix together 2 smashed avocados, 1tbsp chopped coriander, 1 diced tomato, ¼ red onion diced, 1tbsp lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
Recipe by Sarah Lutze