- 900gms chicken breast cubed
- 1 whole eggplant, cubed
- 2 cans coconut milk or cream
- 3-4 tablespoons green curry, diluted in warm water
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2.5cm piece of lemon grass, finely chopped
- 2.5cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced, optional
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 Thai or Taiwanese basil leaves, chiffonade
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil and then drop the heat down to a simmer. Add the chicken and cook for about six minutes. Remove and set aside. Add in the cubed eggplant and cook for five minutes. Remove and prepare the sauce.
- Heat the coconut milk over medium heat and reduce by one third. If using coconut cream just heat through. Add the curry paste, ginger, shallot, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves and simmer until well cooked, about five minutes. Season with fish sauce and brown sugar.
- Add the cooked chicken and eggplant and cook over low heat for five minutes more.
- Serve the Chicken Curry over Jasmine Rice and garnish with basil
Recipe by Kathy Smith (Molly's Mum)