Its Father's Day this Sunday and we're always wanting to come up with fresh and fun family foods.
A taco bar is a great way to keep everyone happy.
Place the ingredients in individual bowls and let them help themselves.
Woolworths sell 'Blue Corn Chips' now which are a fun addition to the regular fillings. Be sure to add a jar of chipotle sauce for Dad.
We're included the recipe for an individual serve, but you can multiply the ingredients according to your numbers.
- 2 soft shell taco
- ¼ avocado
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- ¼ lime
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of black beans
- ¼ paprika
- ¼ cumin
- ¼ large tomato or 1/2 small tomato
- ¼ small capsicum
- 2 tbsp corn
- Pinch oregano
- 4 tbsp mozzarella cheese
- Lay out soft shell tacos.
- Place the avocado into a bowl.
- Add sour cream, a squeeze of lime and a pinch of salt to the bowl with avocado. Mix well and spread avocado mixture onto one half of each taco shell.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of black beans with spices. Mash the beans and mix until well combined. Place on top of the avocado mixture.
- Cut the tomato and capsicum into small diced pieces. Place in a small bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp corn, a squeeze of lime, a pinch of oregano and a pinch of salt. Mix until well combined.
- Place the tomato, capsicum and corn salad on top of the black bean mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of tacos.
- Fold the taco shell in half