- 750 g ricotta
- 3/4 cup reggiano parmigiano
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 egg yolks
- Combine all ingredients, except ¾ cup of the flour, in a large bowl. Mix together by hand until it forms a ball.
- Place dough on a board or benchtop sprinkled with the extra flour and lightly knead until no longer sticky. Do not over-knead.
- Break into handful portions and roll into sausage shapes. Cut into 1.5 cm pieces. Press with a fork if desired.
- Spread onto a tray sprinkled with flour and refrigerate 15-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil a large pot of water.
- Cook gnocchi in boiling water and remove as soon as they float to the top.
- Serve with sauce of choice.