- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup ground almonds or almond flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- 2 cups pitted fresh or frozen cherries, thawed and drained
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs and sugar in bowl. Add ground almonds and flour, and whisk until smooth. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly, until smooth batter forms. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts. Transfer batter to 4-cup measuring cup or pitcher.
- Divide cherries among prepared muffin cups (about 5 cherries per cup). Pour batter into each cup. Bake 20 minutes, or until clafoutis puff up and brown around sides. Cool completely.
- Use a thin spatula or two soup spoons to remove from tray. To warm before serving. Transfer to serving plates and sprinkle with sugar.