- 1 ½ cup plain flour
- Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ Tbsp dry instant yeast
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup warm water (between warm and hot tap water)
- Turn oven on to warm.
- Measure and add dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add oil and water slowly and start mixing by hand, bit by bit, until a ball forms.
- Spray surface with cooking spray and turn dough out onto surface. Knead dough briefly until it has a smooth even consistency. Don’t over-knead.
- Shape loaf into desired shape and place on greased baking sheets. Cover with a large dish towel, in a warm oven and let rise for 25 minutes.
- Take loaves out of the oven and turn oven up to 180 degrees.
- Use a sharp knife (you can lightly spray your knife with cooking spray to prevent dragging) to make several slashes in the top. Make each cut about 1/4-inch deep at a 30 degree angle.
- Brush loaf with water to make the bread loaf top crusty.
- Bake loaves for 30 minutes, or until they are golden brown.