Orange Mascarpone Filling
Recipe for 2 (makes filling for 6 whoopie pies)
¼ cup thickened cream
2 tbsp icing sugar mixture
1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind (1 small orange)
Green, white and red sprinkles (Christmas sprinkles)
- Place thickened cream and icing sugar into a small bowl.
- Grate the rind of one small orange and add to the bowl.
- Whisk ingredients until soft peaks form.
- Add mascarpone cheese and whisk until just firm peaks form.
- Spoon mascarpone mixture into a lunch size snap lock bag. Snip off one corner.
- Each pair to be given 12 half cakes (to make 6 complete whoopee pies)
- Pipe a small amount of the mascarpone mixture over the flat surface of 6 of the cakes
- Top with the remaining halves and press lightly to sandwich together.
- Place Christmas sprinkles in a small plastic bowl.
- Roll the side of each whoopee pie in sprinkles to lightly cover the filling.
- Place whoopee pies into fridge to set the filling.
- Place whoopee pies in packaging provided to take home.