Ingredients (Individual Recipe)
- ½ cup of flour and 10g butter
- 2 flat tsp white sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbs milk
- Flour for kneading
- 4 flat tsp softened butter
- 4 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Melted butter for top of cinnamon scrolls
- Measuring Cups (1/2)
- Tsps and Tbsps
- Rolling Pin
- Butter Knife
- Cling wrap
- Pastry Brush
- Oven Trays
To prepare the dough:
1. Preheat oven to 100 degrees
2. Crumb butter and sugar together in bowl.
3. Measure and add sugar, salt, and baking powder to the crumb mix.
4. Measure and add milk gradually, stirring with a fork. Dough should come away from the sides of the bowl.
5. Sprinkle some flour onto placemat. Knead their dough 3-4 times and then roll it into a rectangle (1cm thick)
To prepare the filling:
1. Use a spatula to spread butter over the dough. Make sure the coating is not too thick but not too thin.
2. Measure and sprinkle the cinnamon on top of the buttered dough.
3. Measure and sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the cinnamon.
4. Roll the dough starting from the short edge. They need to make it tight.
5. Cut the roll in half and place cut side down onto buttered baking tray, slightly spaced.
6. Cover scrolls with cling wrap. Place scrolls in the warm oven to rise for 30 minutes or until they look puffy.
7. Once the scrolls have risen, remove scrolls from the oven and turn up temperature to 160 degrees. Brush tops with melted butter and return to oven for 20 mins or until tops are golden brown.
8. Keep in warm oven until Maple Glaze and Cheese Frosting is ready.