- 125 g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 g milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Measure and stir softened butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla together with tablespoon until well combined and there are no butter pieces visible.
- Crack egg and separate. Add egg yolk and mix vigorously for about 5 minutes, or until mixture is light brown.
- Add baking soda and flour and stir until well combined.
- Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Form cookie dough into four equal sized balls and place on baking sheet.
- The cookies will spread during baking, so make sure they are at least 5 cm apart.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
Remove baking tray from oven and give it a firm, but careful bang on the counter top. This will deflate the cookie and give it a perfect wrinkly appearance.