Makes one Mason Jar
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (not Dutch processed)
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- 6 large candy canes
- Measure and then layer ingredients in the order listed above into a clean 1 litre capacity Mason jar.
- Make sure to pack down each layer before adding a new layer.
Wear plastic gloves when placing the ingredients in the jar.
- Place candy canes in a snap lock bag and seal.
- Using a rolling pin to crush the candy canes until they are in small pieces (not too small). Place on top of mason jar. Close mason jar with lid and add a gift tag with cooking directions.