Ingredients (1 large calzone)
- 1 Basic Pizza Dough recipe
- ¼ cup shredded chicken
- 1 small layer red onion
- 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- While the pizza dough is in the oven, shred the chicken and dice the red onion. Place these ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix together the chicken, red onion and cheese with 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Get the dough out of the oven and knead two or three times to form a dough.
- Flatten the dough into a round disc with your hands or rolling pin on top of baking paper.
- Place chicken mixture on one side of the dough.
- Fold the non-covered half of the dough over the filling and press the edges together with your thumb. Fold over the edges.
- Brush each calzone with a little oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Put calzones and baking paper onto a baking tray and into the oven.
- Cook the calzones for about 30 minutes in the oven or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating, as filling will be hot.