- ½ cup bread flour
- ¼ cup warm tap water
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp instant dry yeast
- ¼ tsp sugar
- sprinkle of salt
- Turn your oven on to warm.
- Add the flour, yeast, oil and sugar in a bowl. Get warm tap water. You want it to be about the temperature you would feel safe giving to a baby!
- Add half of the water to the mixture and stir. It should start to combine. Continue to slowly add the water and continue to mix until it comes together. You will most likely not need the whole ¼ cup of water.
- Put a little bit of flour on your counter and work/knead your dough so that it forms a good dough ball. You may need more flour or more water to get the consistency just right.
- Place the ball back into the heat safe bowl you mixed it in. Loosely cover it with cling wrap so that air will not dry out the ball but it won't restrict the ball from rising. Place the bowl in warmed oven for about 30 minutes.
- Once dough has doubled in size, it is ready for use.
Note *It’s important to remember that salt deactivates yeast but is an important flavour component in dough. Since this is such a small amount of dough- there is no good measurement. Put a little salt in your palm and sprinkle it into the mixture once the yeast has been mixed in a bit.