For the Dulce de Leche Layer:
- ½ cup of readymade dulce de leche (Caramel Top ‘n’ Fill)
- 1-2 tbs thickened cream
For the Crust Layer:
- 2 digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- ½ teaspoon soft light brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
For the Whipped Cream Layer:
- ¼ cup thickened cream, cold
- ½ tablespoon icing sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract or essence
For the Banana Layer:
- ½ banana
For the Fudge Layer:
- 1 square of fudge prepared in Masterclass
For the Garnish:
- 2 squares of chocolate
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Lunch-size snap lock bags
- Glass bowl for melting butter
- Graters or peelers – one for each child
- Large dessert cups (plastic)
- Whisks – one for each child
- Safety Kutters – one for each child
- Small bowls – 3 for each child
- Small plastic plates
- Rolling pins – one for each child
- Tablespoons – one for each child
To prepare the crust layer:
- Place biscuits and measured sugar into a zip lock bag and seal. Using a rolling pin, they gently crush the biscuit and sugar together until well combined and it’s a crumb.
- Melt butter in a microwave.
- Place crumb mix with the melted butter into a small bowl. Stir well to evenly coat the biscuit crumbs.
- Place half biscuit mixture into the bottom of cup. They keep the other half of the mixture in the small bowl for later. Place cups in the fridge.
To prepare the dulce de leche layer:
- Measure out ½ cup of caramel and mix in a small bowl with 1-2 tbs of thickened cream. The cream softens the caramel and allows it to be easily poured into cups later. Set aside.
To prepare the whipped cream layer:
- Pour ¼ cup of cold thickened cream into a small bowl. Using a whisk, beat cream until it starts to foam and slightly thicken.
- Measure and add in the icing sugar and vanilla extract/essence. Continue to whip (quickly) until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
To prepare the banana and fudge layer:
- Peel and then slice the banana into approx. 8 slices.
- Cut the fudge square into small cubes.
- Place banana slices and cubes of fudge onto a plastic plate. Set aside.
- Take the cups with the prepared crust out of the fridge. Top the crust in the cup with ½ of the dulce de leche mixture. Use a spoon to gently spread it out over the crumb.
- Arrange 4 banana slices and half of the cubed fudge into each cup, placing them on top of the dulce de leche layer.
- Spoon half the whipped cream on top of the banana and fudge layer.
- Repeat steps 1-3 to make another layer.
- Use a vegetable peeler or grater to make chocolate curls or grate chocolate squares.
- Sprinkle a few curls or sprinkles on top of each cup.
- Chill until ready to serve.