Ingredients (makes 4)
For the Crust
- 1⁄2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain flour
For the Banana Topping
- 2 large bananas, thinly sliced
For Thick Caramel Layer
- 3/4 cup caramel top ‘n’ fill
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
For Ice-cream Layer
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
For Chocolate Layer
- Flake chocolate bar
- Large bowl
- Electric mixer
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Tart pans
- Safety Kutter (or child safety knife)
- Small bowl
- Ice cream Scoop
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
For the Crust:
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar, with an electric mixer, until blended.
- Beat in yolk, vanilla, and salt.
- Add flour and beat until moist clumps form.
- Press dough into bottom of 4-6 tart pans.
- Pierce with fork and refrigerate for 20 min.
- Bake crust for 10 min or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
For the Banana Layer:
- Overlap banana slices on crust, covering completely.
For the Thick Caramel Layer:
- Combine the caramel and thickened cream in a small bowl and mix until well combined.
To Garnish and Serve:
- Drizzle with 2 tbsp caramel sauce.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Crumble a tbsp flake chocolate on top.